Saturday, June 12, 2010

and in this corner....

So I've decided it's time for me to join the wonderful world of blogging. I've watched my wife Becky blog for several months now and am so impressed with her abilities and creativity, and how she shares what's on her heart. My goal is to follow her, and others of you, in passing on what God points out to me.

I was gonna give you a rundown of who I am, and how I got here. But I've decided to let you learn about me one step at a time. Make it a bit more dramatic or interesting. I am currently a bi-vocational associate pastor for The Journey Church of High Point, NC. Check us out at http://www.thejourneychurch.org/. I recently grew into this position, having headed up the college ministry (along with Becky) for almost 3 years. I also run an office that sells and installs flooring in multi-family housing units here in the Piedmont Triad.
So what's up with the title? I love plaid and flannel shirts. I mean that's pretty much all I wear if I'm not wearing a t-shirt. I'm stuck in the days of Nirvana and Pearl Jam. I make no excuses and take no responsibility for my senses of style. On a side note though today I just purchased my first suit of the last decade. Gotta look good for a wedding in just 13 days. So grab a Mountain Dew and relax - it should be an interesting ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment