Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Is Anyone Hearing Your Joy?

 Photo via Flickr from Illustriousoul
These last few weeks have been full of joy for me.  I shared some of the good news with my followers a few days ago (check out that post by clicking here).  But more than just that, right now I am going through a very refreshing season in my walk with God.

I ran across this verse recently, and its impact in my life is overwhelming.  Nehemiah 12:23 states, "Many sacrifices were offered on that joyous day, for God had given the people cause for great joy. The women and children also participated in the celebration, and the joy of the people of Jerusalem could be heard far away."

Joy, according to Dictionary.com, is referred to as "The emotion of great delight, or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation."  That's a rather strong definition for just a small, three letter word.  

There are at least 35 verses in the book of Psalms alone that combine the words "joy" and "Lord."  God has graciously granted to each of us blessings which we don't deserve, but which we are grateful to receive.  For many of us, it's easy to see His gifts and guidance in our lives. But for some, the focus is in other areas, and therefore they do not experience their joy.

The purpose of this post, however, is not in helping you find your joy.  It's easy to find if you spend any amount of time searching for it.

The purpose, rather, is for me to ask you this - Who have you shared your joy with today?  Can people see your joy radiating from your countenance?  Can your joy be "heard far away?"  I know I'm convicted by the fact my actions and my face don't always reflect all that He has done for me.  Time to start working on that...

Psalm 126:3 - Yes, the Lord has done amazing things for us!  What joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment