Tuesday, April 19, 2011

5 Movies That Need To Be Remade Right Now



Since we live in a generation of limited new and original ideas, and only re-hashed thoughts, I've come up with a list of movies that need to be remade ASAP.
  1. The 10 Commandments - At some point in your life, you've watched Charlton Heston as Moses, right?  Sure the original is ok, but what could director Michael Bay (the guy who has done countless blockbusters, including The Transformers series) do with today's technology?  Imagine what he could accomplish with the plagues utilizing 3D technology?  
  2. Point Break - This one is a guilty pleasure.  In spite of the ridiculous acting, this is one of my all time favorite movies.  Surfing bank robbers and FBI agents in a cat and mouse game?  I still think Keanu Reeves OWNED this movie.  Someday I'm gonna purchase a Johnny Utah Ohio State jersey....
  3. Mary Poppins - Ok I'm a sucker for some of my childhood favs.  Dick Van Dyke absolutely stole this delightful movie, with Julie Andrews holding her own too.  This is a great forerunner to many of the delightful nanny movies we've watched follow through the years.  Who else remembers the enjoyable dance with the penguins?
  4. Holiday Inn/White Christmas - These two movies are an all time holiday favorite in my household.  Somehow I am a sucker for the older musicals.  I mean, Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire ruled Hollywood back in the day.  I'm not a huge Christmas music guy, but I break out my Bing Crosby every Christmas. 
  5. Red Dawn - Actually this remake is scheduled to drop sometime in 2011.  It's been in the works for years now, but financial and political issues have hampered the release.  In watching the original movie recently, I was surprised to realize just how political it is in nature.  Russia was at war with America, and attacked us on our soil.  Their efforts, however, were thwarted by a group of teenagers.  Wolverines!

So there's my list.  What movies would you like to see get re-made?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment