Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Faith

Well our Sunday reveal service has come and gone. Inside of our water bottles was contained enough money to pay off our carpet debt as well as build necessary (and long overdue) walls to subdivide parts of the children's area! O Praise Him! The morning service was electric - people were excited about being a part of something bigger than just us.

Becky and I were fortunate enough to be able to sit with seven recent graduates and one of our seniors! God blessed us with a local wedding, which brought several out of area friends to town for this specific weekend. Always good to see visiting family.

The music was phenomenal as usual. We at the Journey are blessed by outstanding musicians and vocalists who let God use them to guide and lead us as we worship our Father. Oh, and the next time we sing Marvelous Light I am gonna lead everyone in raising their hands and spinning around as the song illustrates.

And we got to eat afterwards - one of the few tells that we are indeed a Baptist church. We dined on spaghetti, fresh salad and garlic bread, as well as all of the desserts you could eat. One thing about church socials - people always break out their best recipes to showcase their cooking and baking talents.

But in all of this, the most important point of this weekend, and the seven other weeks leading up to it, was identifying where our faith as a body is - more specifically, though, how strong is MY faith? Pastor Keith did a great job developing the truths about faith, but where am I at with processing and digesting the truth? What have I entrusted to Him, and what am I still clinging to, unwilling to release control?

Psalm 34:8 tells us, "Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!" I have witnessed His power and ability multiple times in my life. I've tasted His comfort, His protection, His discipline, His love.

Oh Lord, may I give up all that I have, so that you may use me as You see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment