Thursday, July 8, 2010

Never Let Go

So I was recently listening to Never Let Go by the David Crowder Band, and it is an inspirational song to me. The song starts with troubles and problems overwhelming the author -

"When clouds veil sun
And disaster comes
When water rise
And hope takes flight
Oh my soul"

I don't know about you, but I have had days that were rough on me. Events transpired, words were spoken, stuff happened - all with negative consequences for me. And when I am focused on me, these events could bring me down. They could bring out the ugly side of me - after all I still have red (ok reddish) hair.

But we as believers have a hope, a reason to not let daily life interfere with our joy. Joy and happiness are 2 completely different things. Happiness is dictated by our surroundings - a good day a work, a fun day at an amusement park, etc. Joy, on the other hand, is a fruit of the Spirit given to us just as soon as we give our lives to Christ. Happiness will come and go, joy is constant and eternal. We know that God is always with us, looking over us, as He loves His children. So if our focus is on Him, and not me, it's much easier to not let distractions interfere with our life lived for Him.

So are you an up and down person? I was - and I don't miss the emotional roller coasters of being happy one day and then down just as quickly as I was up.

And the song Never Let Go? If finishes this way -

"Oh, my soul
Overflows
Oh, what love, oh, what love
Oh, my soul
Fills hope
Perfect love that never let's go...
In joy and pain
In sun and rain
You're the same
Oh, You never let go"


photo courtesy of Nathaniel Bluedorn

No comments:

Post a Comment